Art field trip. YAY. I like field trips, even though there was nobody cool on this one. Just me a sophomore, and a bunch of artsy seniors. I suppose being invited on this trip was an honor, but i question rather i really fit (fat? past tense of fit...) in. All of them were the kind of people who shop at Urban outfitters, and look like they were trying not to fit in. Nothing they wore matched, and everything was baggy, vintage, hipster, or genderless.
My brother used to be friends with one of them before he started dating an artsy girl, and became artsy himself. My brother said he smokes after school now, and just guessing, so do most of them. I feel like this is just another attempt by them not to fit in. I guess what I'm saying is, they were all troubled souls.
It left me wondering if someday I would grow into what they are now. I mean, I was on their artsy trip, wasn't I? And, life has been pretty shitty lately, and it seems like I have been on the edge of that weathered look. Its a fragile line.
I hope I never do become them. I can't promise them a future. They seem to try a little to hard to go off the edge. SO anyways, I just wasted an entire post talking about the artsy seniors on my field trip. Oops.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Ah Flarp
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, God. Those people. Those people, Shari. You wil never become them. You're like elegant-gowns-and-cocktail-viewings art, not i'm-so-artsy-fartsy-and-i-pay-too-much-for-clothes-on-my-Starbucks-salary-because-i-can't-make-any-money-on-art-because-i-draw-like-every-other-fucking-hipster-indie-dumbass-in-the-world art.
Your brother does not seem to me the artsy type.
aw! thanks!
my brother isnt the artsy type. His friend was a geek before he started dating that girl.
Post a Comment