Monday, July 19, 2010

Here lies Phineas....

My Betta fish committed suicide. I need to cry, or throw a tantrum.

I cleaned his bowl. Sometimes when fish get angry they play dead. So he did. He got his face stuck in the gravel. He couldn't breathe. He died. He was 1 year and 2 weeks.

First I was really angry that he would do this to me.

Then I was really pissed that he was gone.

Now I'm really sad, that I lost my little buddy who lived in a cube.

I need to cry. Yep, I'm not above crying over my fish. I feel like, even though it wasn't, it was still my fault. Like, if I bought a better tank, or didn't clean him at just that moment, maybe he wouldn't have thrown a fit and died. I feel like I killed him. Any way around it, I was involved in his death. I feel horrible. I need someone to cry with, even though he was just a fish. I'm writing this to make me feel better, so none of you better act like "what a baby crying over a fish". I can cry all I want. He was my awesome little friend, who hated toothpaste, ate like a pig, and always cheered me up.

Rest in peace Phineas A. Fish

I just realized, I never got to take his picture. His portrait was on my calender for tonight. I took Emil's last night. Sob.

1 comments:

Strawberry said...

He was an awesome little fish buddy, and he will be sorely missed :(